fi's silly nonsense

Friday, June 06, 2008

it's been a long time coming

so. i've been away (from blogging at least) for... almost 9months? seeing as i'll be embarking on a whole new adventure in a couple of days.. i figured now's as good a time as any other for jumping back aboard the blogging ship.

it's been a hectic few months.. first the last couple of months of my stay in korea... which i miss terribly right now.. then the next couple of months this semester... slogging away for RIBA Part I...

now i'm all through with that. and ready to begin the next chapter:

Architecture Year 4 Semester 1.

yet. before i embark on that journey, there's another one more pressing (and definitely more exciting) that awaits me in the coming week. at any mention of it being "5weeks" everyone seems to have the same thought... of it being a grad trip... well. it isn't a grad trip if i ain't graduating is it? so... it's a third year trip. :)

thus, with each opportunity i get (at a cyber cafe or a friend's laptop and dorm internet access) i will be updating you, my dearest friends and relatives, of the exciting adventures that await me in Europe.

and in usual fashion, i sign off with lyrics to two songs i love so very much.. the first from one of my favourite musicals.. and the second.. one of the nicest musical songs....


Now That I've Seen Her from "Miss Saigon"

It's alright
It's alright if I just imagine
She's not here, she's not real
And I can tell myself it's all okay

But she's real
And my heart cries this isn't happening
But the truth is cold and real
And I know this storm won't go away

Now that I've seen her
There's no way to hide
She is not some fling from long ago
Now that I've seen her
I know why he lied
And I think it was better when I didn't know

In her eyes
In her voice
In the heat that filled the air
Part of him still lingers there

I know what pain her life today must be
But if it all comes down to her or me
I don't care
I swear I'll fight

Now that I've seen her
She's more than a name
I don't hate this girl even so
Now that I've seen her
I can't stay the same
Who's this man that I've trusted?
Now I have to know


As If We Never Said Goodbye by Barbara Streisand

I don't know why I'm frightened
I know my way around here
The cardboard trees, the painted seas, the sound here
Yes! A world to rediscover
But I'm not in any hurry
And I need a moment

The whispered conversations
In overcrowded hallways
The atmosphere as thrilling here as always
Feel the early morning madness
Feel the magic in the making
Why! Everything's as if we never said goodbye

I've spent so many mornings
Just trying to resist you
I'm trembling now, you can't know how I've missed you
Missed the fairytale adventures
In this ever-spinning playground
We were young together

I'm coming out of makeup
The lights already burning
Not long until the cameras will start turning
And the early morning madness
And the magic in the making
Yes! Everything's as if we never said goodbye

I don't want to be alone
That's all in the past
This world's waited long enough
I've come home at last

And this time will be bigger
And brighter than we knew it
So watch me fly, we all know I can do it
Could I stop my hand from shaking
Has there ever been a moment
With so much to live for

The whispered conversations
In overcrowded hallways
So much to say, not just today but always
We'll have early morning madness
We'll have magic in the making
Yes, everything's as if we never said goodbye

Oh please
Don't ever, ever make me say
Goodbye

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

In this manner my pal Wesley Virgin's autobiography begins in this shocking and controversial video.

Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he revealed hidden, "MIND CONTROL" secrets that the government and others used to obtain anything they want.

As it turns out, these are the exact same secrets many celebrities (especially those who "became famous out of nothing") and elite business people used to become rich and famous.

You've heard that you only use 10% of your brain.

That's mostly because most of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

Maybe that expression has even occurred INSIDE your very own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain around 7 years back, while riding an unlicensed, garbage bucket of a car without a driver's license and $3 in his bank account.

"I'm very frustrated with living check to check! When will I get my big break?"

You took part in those conversations, isn't it so?

Your own success story is waiting to happen. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

Watch Wesley Virgin's Video Now!

10:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home