fi's silly nonsense

Sunday, August 12, 2007

sombre sunday

weird.. my previous post refuses to show up on the blog... :( oh well...

as the title states.. today's a sombre grey sunday... skies have been grey all morning and afternoon... raining/drizzling nonstop... today's sermon was about trusting in Him and forgiveness... forgiving others as He forgave us.... simple... stuff we Catholics recite every week at mass... but do we actually really stop to do any of it..? there was a sharing session afterwards, as with every other week... and it took me time but i finally shared.... shared how difficult it is to forgive others.

by right, it's tough to forgive people who have hurt us directly and who have done us wrong. if it wasn't so personal, like a sin committed against another person, it shouldn't affect us as much.... BY RIGHT, it should be easier to forgive in that situation.... but i can't.... i somehow can't bring myself to forgive one who has hurt the one i love.... oh well... at least i let it out today.. feel a little better about it... but i guess i'm slowly beginning to forgive... that's good right?

anyway... decided to come home to rest today. the rest headed out to seoul... really not in the mood for seoul today i think.. just want some quiet..... time alone.. to think....

an old song i sang for a wedding once... heard again on class 95 the other night, all the way here in korea....blogged it before too.. a long way back... miss listening to the song... ciao... hope everyone had a better weekend than i did...

These Foolish Things by Frank Sinatra

A cigarette that bears a lipsticks' traces
An airline ticket to romantic places
And still my heart has wings
These foolish things remind me of you

A tinkling piano in the next apartment
Those stumbling words that told you what my heart meant
A fairground's painted swing
These foolish things remind me of you

You came, you saw, you conquered me
When you did that to me
I knew somehow this had to be

The winds of March that make my heart a dancer
A telephone that rings, but who’s to answer
Oh, how the ghost of you clings
These foolish things remind me of you

The smile of Turner and the scent of roses
The waiters whistling as the last bar closes
The song that Crosby sings
These foolish things remind me of you

Babe, these things remind me of you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home